With a high concentration of young families in our region, it’s hardly surprising that childcare is one of our most sought after services.
Many parents struggle to find affordable, quality care and without it are unable to work. In addition, there are families that need assistance caring for their children in their home due to additional pressures, such as multiple births or children with disabilities.
Offering a high-quality alternative to long day care childcare centres, the Windermere In-Home Childcare Service is a Commonwealth-Government funded and approved childcare service provided in the child’s own home by carefully selected, registered and insured educators. These self-employed contractors are supported and supervised by Windermere field workers.
The service aims to provide eligible parents with a flexible, quality childcare service at their home, to meet their individual needs. This works really well when the family is coping and only needs additional support and assistance – not a complete break from the pressures of being a parent. (Please note, educators are placed in a family’s home to provide quality childcare and for no other purpose such as cleaning).
Programs offered by Windermere’s In-Home Childcare Service include:
- Full-time and part-time childcare
- Before and after school, and school-holiday care
- Care for shift workers’ children
- Emergency care (including 24 hours with prior approval)
- Care for children with additional needs
- Respite care – up to 24 hours a week full-time childcare
- The parent/s work shift work or non-standard hours
- The family lives in rural or remote area
- Has a child with an illness or disability
- One of the parents has an illness or disability that reduces the family’s capacity to care for the child(ren)
- The parent/s have had a multiple birth (three or more), and/or
- The parent/s have three or more children not yet attending school
Above criteria has to be met as well as families must not be able to have their child care needs met through another main stream child care service.
Fees are reasonable and charged at an hourly rate. The Commonwealth Government Childcare Benefit and Child Care Rebate is available to assist eligible families to meet these costs. Care is subject to a suitable educator being available.
For more information on In-home Childcare please contact us.
Windermere In-Home Childcare
phone: (03) 5945 5000
fax: (03) 5945 5099
Click here to view Parent Booklet