Windermere’s mission is to improve wellbeing in children, families and communities by helping to realise their potential, building resilience and connecting people to the community.
Our vision is to be a leading community-based agency, which makes a significant difference to the life of every child, family and individual who we work with.
Our innovative services provide the people we help, our staff and members of the community with opportunities to learn, grow and achieve their life goals.
Our values are essential to our mission, vision and goals. They underpin our actions and motivate us both as people and as an organisation. The challenge for all of us is to live them every day.
Windermere’s values are complemented by our code of conduct that embodies all that we aim to uphold. We believe in:
- Leading with courage Sometimes in order to bring about change we must do what is difficult or brave. Often we will take the lead, speaking up for what we believe in, encouraging debate on issues and advocating for the people we help, as well as simply providing a voice for the voiceless.
- Striving to make a difference This is central to our mission and relates to our commitment to not only be compassionate, but to aim for outcomes. We have a responsibility to measure whether we are playing a positive, recognisable role through our involvement in people’s lives.
- Recognising and building on people’s strengths The best outcomes result from appreciating strengths and building on them. In a service area where people constantly face serious problems, this approach can be liberating — helping people to take control of their lives.
- Being learning-focussed Knowledge is a powerful force in social change. We are committed to working with the people we help, each other and our colleagues to share knowledge, ideas, resources, findings and skills. We also constantly look at ways to improve as individuals and as an organisation — growing through learning. Working together through caring partnerships, we always approach the people we help, each other and our colleagues as equals and partners; working together to explore potential and improve wellbeing. This extends to caring for each other, and acknowledging and respecting people’s cultures, traditions, needs and aspirations.
- Encouraging people to seek meaningful connection In a time of increasing social isolation, it’s vital that people feel included and connected through family, friends, community and the broader society. We are committed to, whenever possible, referring people to other organisations that may be able to assist in ways that we can’t.
- Equality of access It is a reality of our society that not everyone has adequate access to things that others take for granted. If people are to reach their full potential they need to have good access to services and resources. All members of society have basic rights that we aim to protect or help people secure.
Our Strategic Plan
Windermere is currently in a strategic planning phase and our strategic priorities for 2013-16 are currently under development.
We will review our Mission, Vision and Values which will result in a new Operational Plan for 2013-16. Our new strategic plan will be uploaded in August 2013.
You might also be interested in...